Wedding Trends for 2018
Wedding Trends for 2018
I just attended a webinar put on by Wedding Wire and they talked about some amazing wedding trends for 2018 and I wanted to share them with you.
At Rob Alberti’s – we’ve always strived to make our weddings unique in both feel and style. Not everyone can afford the level of service that we provide. We completely understand your concern about spending more than necessary to get everything you want and need at your wedding. We also know that not all DJ or Lighting services are going to give you the same results. If every Wedding DJ or Lighting company were of equal value – they’d probably all charge roughly the same price.
The reality is that from one wedding lighting vendor to the next – prices can fluctuate 2-4x in price. Do you really think that you are going to get the same look and feel at 25% of the price? It’s like thinking your Hyundai is roughly the same as that Lambourgini. Not quite.
So without further ado – here are the wedding trends for 2018 – what’s in and what’s out and some predictions as to what the future of wedding trends will hold.
What is IN:
- Textures / Bohemian Wedding Feel
- Lots of Color
- Hanging Flowers
- Low centerpieces – to allow for conversation across the table
- Cascading bouquets
- Casual groom attire (no formal tux, more suit or dress pants/vest)
- Themed food displays (donut station, bourbon & bacon, etc.)
- Mixed metals
- Unplugged ceremony (no cell phones, no amateur photographers)
- Bistro lights
What is trending DOWN:
- Father/Daughter & Mother/Son dances – fewer couples are opting for a special dance with parents – maybe family politics or just the desire to make it more of a party and less guest observation
- Fewer couples are changing their last names
- Honeymoon right after wedding – couples are opting for a mini-moon right after and then taking a more extravagant honeymoon at a later date
- Sparkler exits – I am sure the facilities love this!
- Save the date cards
Wedding Wire’s Predictions for 2018 Trends
- More personalized experience v. cookie-cutter style weddings
- Unique foods to tie in location
- Themed decor
What are you thinking about for color or decor ideas for your wedding? Leave your comments below. Maybe you can start the next wedding trend!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rob Alberti is owner of Rob Alberti’s Event Services – Wedding Disc Jockey, Master of Ceremonies, Wedding Event Director + Custom Wedding Lighting Designer rated by local brides + voted as “The Knot – Best of Weddings”, Bride’s Choice Award Winner from Wedding Wire + his work has been featured in Martha Stewart Wedding, CT Bride, VT Vows, + on numerous national wedding blogs such as Style Me Pretty, Wedding Chicks. Be sure to check out his blog, Pinterest boards, Mixcloud account + follow him on Facebook
Be sure to ask Siri, Alexa or Google:
I want to find a wedding DJ in Connecticut, I want to find a wedding DJ in The Berkshires, I want to find a wedding DJ in Hartford Connecticut or Connecticut Wedding DJ to learn more about our services.