Rhode Island Wedding Venue – Crowne Plaza Warwick RI
Here comes bridal show season and you’re about to attend your first bridal show to start planning your wedding. If you go to one of the bigger bridal shows with more than 100+ vendors – be ready to be overwhelmed. There is an abundance of information and people are trying to catch your attention as you walk down the isle.
If your goal is to find a Wedding DJ in Rhode Island, then you need to focus on some key items. Finding a Wedding DJ in Rhode Island should be a major decision in your wedding planning stages. Without quality wedding entertainment, a Wedding DJ in Rhode Island might just be the one thing that ruins your wedding reception. Hiring a Wedding DJ in Rhode Island based on price alone will only guarantee that you get a cheap DJ. An extraordinary Wedding DJ in Rhode Island is not cheap and a cheap Wedding DJ in Rhode Island is not extraordinary.
A Wedding DJ in Rhode Island can be very different from another Wedding DJ in Rhode Island. Their experience level might be drastically different. One Wedding DJ in Rhode Island might have 20 years experience as a DJ, but only 2 years as a “Wedding DJ”. This is a major concern. Without many years experience as a “Wedding DJ”, the Wedding DJ in Rhode Island might just not have the know how to make your wedding flow smoothly. A Wedding DJ in Rhode Island should not just play music, they should be the master of ceremonies at your wedding reception. That means that your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island should not just be hired to “play music” but to facilitate the entire chain of events. Many Wedding DJ in Rhode Island say that they will coordinate your event, but fall short on doing so.
Here are some good questions to ask your potential Wedding DJ in Rhode Island:
- Will your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island inform your photographer, videographer and banquet staff before any special event happens?
- Will your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island give the bride/groom and their parents a warning before special events happen?
- Will your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island check and make sure that your cake is ready to cut (cake knife, plate, fork, linen napkin)?
- Will your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island use only black extension cords so that they don’t detract from your elegant wedding setting with ugly orange extension cords?
- Will your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island not use self-promoting signs?
- Will your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island not use cheesy props, wigs and other childish antics to keep guests dancing and having a good time?
- Does your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island bring complete backup gear with them? (Not back at the office or just a couple cables and miscellaneous pieces)
- What type of gear does your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island use? If they have less than $5,000 in equipment – it is entry level at the best. If they are using something called a Numark CDMix2 – it is entry level. Although this type of all-in-one gear is a great backup piece, it should never be used as a main system. It’s like bringing a boom-box to DJ your own wedding.
- Does your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island have liability insurance? This is a sign that your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island takes their business seriously
- Does your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island answer their phone when you call or do you always get voice mail? Do they answer saying “this is Joe from Joe’s DJ” or do they answer like it’s their cell phone or a home phone line? This may be a good indication that they are not a full-time DJ or that they don’t take your wedding and the business of wedding DJing seriously enough for your needs.
- Will your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island customize your wedding music based on your likes and dislikes? If you give your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island a no-play list – will they adhere to it? Will they go and obtain music that you request that they don’t already have in their library?
- Does your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island rely solely on a computer based DJ system? Do they have a backup computer with them? Do they have backup CDs with all your key songs on them? How long will it take for them to recover if the computer goes down?
- What does their literature, website and business card look like? If it looks like your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island printed the material off of their home computer, then they really are not taking their business seriously and probably won’t take your wedding seriously. A wedding is a huge theatrical event with so many details that must be coordinated by your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island – they have to be very detail oriented in order to make the event a success.
- Talk with your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island – if they cannot carry on a 5 minute conversation without tripping on their words or if they can’t seem to answer any of your questions directly or to your satisfaction, then buyer beware. Your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island should be able to instill a confidence in you – you are relying on your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island to run your wedding. They can either run it or add an “I” and ruin it.
The bottom line – a bargain at a wedding bridal show is most likely not a bargain. If your Wedding DJ in Rhode Island is trying to force you into a snap decision at the bridal show or if they are using discounts and throwing in options as incentive for you to book them on the spot – RUN. A quality Wedding DJ in Rhode Island will know that they are worth their price – they will be proud of their price and will clearly indicate their price in writing so that everyone is fairly charged for their quality service. Take the time at a bridal show and talk with potential Wedding DJ in Rhode Island. Once you are comfortable with them and the options they offer – you should be more than willing to entrust the success of your wedding plans to them. That trust will be more than worth the difference in price after the fact. There are things you can cut corners on in your wedding budget – the Wedding DJ in Rhode Island is not it. This is one of the only things that everyone who attends a great party agrees on – if you remember the music, you’ll never forget the times.
If you would like to have us at your upcoming event, please checkout our website at www.robalberti.com or request further information and we can check our availability and put together a formal quote for you. CONTACT US NOW FOR FREE SAMPLER CD AND PRICING INFORMATION.
Remember, we offer wedding disc jockey entertainment, iphotography wedding photography, photo booth rental, Specializing in Lighting Your Wedding Reception, architectural event lighting, LED wash up-lighting and a/v rental services including ipod wedding rentals. We can provide entertainment and event services for all types of events in the New England areas including: Massachusetts Wedding Djs, Weddings in the Berkshires of Massachusetts, Connecticut Wedding DJs, Hartford Connecticut Weddings, RI Disc Jockeys – Rhode Island Wedding DJ, Newport-Rhode-Island-Wedding-Receptions, Boston-Uplights-LED-Event-Lighting-Wedding-Lighting-Ideas, New-England-DJs-Mass-DJ
Rob Alberti’s Event Services is the former “After Hours DJ Service” – an Entertainment company with a new name to better reflect our full array of event and entertainment services. Looking for unique wedding lighting ideas?
Transforming space, light & sound…
Check out our other websites: www.audiovideorental.net , www.budgetentertainment.net , www.afterhoursdj.net , www.weddinginsider.net , www.robalbertieventservices.com , www.robalbertieventlighting.com , www.unique-wedding-lighting-ideas.com , www.connecticut-wedding-djs.com , www.massachusetts-wedding-djs.com
Copyright 2000-2011 Rob Alberti’s Event Services, Rob Alberti’s After Hours Disc Jockey Service, Entertainment & Event Up-Lighting – Westfield, MA – Worcester, MA – Enfield, CT – Colchester, CT – Providence, RI – All Rights Reserved