We had the opportunity to play at the Torrington CT Elks the other week for Pat & Fred’s 50th Anniversary Celebration. First – let me say what a cute couple they were! Second – wow. Was I surprised at the Torrington Elks club. What a BEAUTIFUL facility. You would never know it from the outside, but this place is amazing. What grand architecture!
Here are some great hints to putting on a successful anniversary party:
- Find some old photos of the couple from when they were dating or their wedding day and either create a poster board to display or have showing on a laptop or plasma screen so everyone can enjoy the old photos
- Find a special song from their past and play it so that they can dance together
- Find someone in the family to give a wonderful toast about the couple – fill the toast with interesting facts about their life together
- Have a wedding cake and have the couple cut and feed each other
- Hire a photographer to get group photos (or rent a photobooth) to capture all these guests as a token of the occasion.
- Use website such as http://iwannagetthat.com/ to let guests know what things cost on the year that they were married
- Keep the party short – 4 hours is probably enough time – this is not a dancing crowd. The party should be held in the afternoon and try to keep food service around the normal time to eat (Noon – 1pm). Your older guests will appreciate the fact that they do not have to drive in the dark and that they can eat and socialize with friends and family.
If you would like to have us at your upcoming event, please checkout our website at www.robalberti.com or request further information and we can check our availability and put together a formal quote for you. CONTACT US NOW FOR FREE SAMPLER CD AND PRICING INFORMATION.
Remember, we offer wedding disc jockey entertainment, iphotography wedding photography, photo booth rental, Specializing in Lighting Your Wedding Reception, architectural event lighting, LED wash up-lighting and a/v rental services including ipod wedding rentals. We can provide entertainment and event services for all types of events in the New England areas including: Massachusetts Wedding Djs, Weddings in the Berkshires of Massachusetts, Connecticut Wedding DJs, Hartford Connecticut Weddings, RI Disc Jockeys – Rhode Island Wedding DJ, Newport-Rhode-Island-Wedding-Receptions, Boston-Uplights-LED-Event-Lighting-Wedding-Lighting-Ideas, New-England-DJs-Mass-DJ
Rob Alberti’s Event Services is the former “After Hours DJ Service” – an Entertainment company with a new name to better reflect our full array of event and entertainment services. Looking for unique wedding lighting ideas?
Transforming space, light & sound…
Check out our other websites: www.audiovideorental.net , www.budgetentertainment.net , www.afterhoursdj.net , www.weddinginsider.net , www.robalbertieventservices.com , www.robalbertieventlighting.com , www.unique-wedding-lighting-ideas.com , www.connecticut-wedding-djs.com , www.massachusetts-wedding-djs.com
Copyright 2000-2011 Rob Alberti’s Event Services, Rob Alberti’s After Hours Disc Jockey Service, Entertainment & Event Up-Lighting – Westfield, MA – Worcester, MA – Enfield, CT – Colchester, CT – Providence, RI – All Rights Reserved