7 Things To Light At Your Wedding – Wedding Lighting Options
Light can highlight features at your wedding reception. It can also draw attention away from trouble areas in your banquet hall. Ugly wallpaper? Highlight the columns. Dirty ceiling? Texture lights on the wall will downplay it.
The most extravagant facilities look even better with the right lighting. An inexpensive rundown facility gets a facelift with proper lighting. Here are 7 things to light at your wedding reception.
- Your Wedding Cake – Make your cake stand out with a single spotlight.
- Your Centerpieces – Have a large centerpiece on your tables? A wash light on the arrangement for each table (or just your head table and parent’s tables) will make it pop.
- Your Head Table or Sweetheart Table – a light behind your table will pull everyone’s eyes to it. You can light under the table as well for a cool glow effect.
- Your Bar – task lighting at the bar or backlighting the bar will show this a focal point at your celebration.
- Outside of the Building – Columns outside the main entrance? Imagine what your guests will say as they see the building lit up as they pull in.
- Entrance Area – A couple of well-placed lights to flank your entrance. It will make for great wedding photos.
- The Band / Dance Floor – A simple wash light on the band will brighten things up. Don’t forget the dance floor. Lights that change and move based on the music will keep the room energized. It will let everyone know it’s time to dance.
What can light do for you at your wedding reception? It will make your wedding photos better. It will help brighten your wedding videos. Contact a wedding lighting expert to see before and after photos of your wedding venue.
I had one mother of the bride say that she cried when she walked into the room to see the lighting for the first time. It was just so beautiful and such a surprise. This is a small expense that is well worth the added impact.
Rob Alberti is owner of Rob Alberti’s Event Services
Before And After Video Of Our Wedding Lighting Services
What Do You Do Now?
Contact DJ Rob today to find out pricing and availability for your upcoming event. We offer wedding DJs, Custom Lighting Design, and Photo Booth Rentals.
Describe your wedding in 3 words so we have an understanding of what you are looking for.
Send us an inspirational image of what you are trying to create for custom wedding lighting.
Tell us the style of music that gets you up and shaking your booty.
Let us guide you through the planning process.
Our stomping grounds are The Berkshires and Hartford CT areas, but we travel from Hudson Valley NY to Boston MA, and Southern VT to the CT Shoreline frequently. Get started today.
What Is The Importance Of Lighting Design For Your Wedding?
What Is The Importance Of Lighting Design For Your Wedding? When it comes to weddings and special events, one of the most important elements to consider is lighting. Great lighting can transform an ordinary space into something extraordinary, set the tone for an evening, and even contribute to the overall atmosphere of the event. While…
Lut + Jean Weddings At The Mount Lenox MA
Lut + Jean: Weddings At The Mount Lenox MA We were brought in to help Lut and Jean with their wedding lighting needs. They had a HUGE STRUCTURE TENT that measured 40 x 120′ from Mahaiwee Tents in Great Barrington setup at The Mount in Lenox MA. They wanted our dense twinkle lights covering the…
Heather & Ben Mill One Open Square Holyoke, MA
Heather & Ben Mill One Open Square Holyoke, MA Heather and Ben were a blast to work with! They had their ceremony and reception at Mill One in Holyoke. The ceremony took place on the top floor of Mill 4 with a backdrop of sunset and candles. Both Heather’s Uncle Jeff and Father Bob helped…
Bentley University Winterfest 2023 Lighting
Bentley University Winterfest 2023 Lighting We provided lighting for Bentley University’s 2023 Winterfest, an event by the Student Programs and Engagement department. The student center was filled with everything from LED air hockey tables, to axe throwing, to blacklight minigolf with a “Northern Lights” theme spread between 2 floors. We transformed the upstairs activity rooms,…
Brian + Manu Branford House Groton CT Wedding DJ, Uplighting & Photobooth
Brian + Manu Branford House Groton CT Wedding DJ, Uplighting & Photobooth Brian and Manu had multiple weddings starting with a large one in India. When they returned they had some additional family and friends they wanted to celebrate with. On a cold January day, they held their ceremony in the West Room overlooking the…
Ski Resort DJ Entertainment and Lighting Installations
Ski Resort DJ Entertainment and Lighting Installations Is your ski resort looking for DJ entertainment at the lodge? Having a festival and need lighting? Do you need your logo projected for an upcoming event? These are all services that we can provide to your mountain resort. We have a team of DJs to entertain your…