CT DJs, CT DJ, DJs In CT, Connecticut DJs, Connecticut Disc Jockey
When considering a DJ for your Connecticut Wedding reception, here are some great things to think about. Not all CT DJs are alike. Choosing DJs in CT based on their years of experience can be misleading as not all Connecticut DJs have the same skills or capabilities. If you took two CT DJs and gave them both the same music and equipment, the guests at the Connecticut wedding reception would not have the same experience. Oh, this is so difficult. When choosing a service oriented vendor such as a Connecticut Disc Jockey, you’ve got to look beyond the rhetoric.
There are already so many lists or questions that the wedding magazines and websites tell you that you should ask when you are interviewing potential disc jockeys for your wedding reception. The fact is – asking if they have a wireless microphone or if they belong to a trade association merely suggests that they might have read the same article you did. Just because they say that they have been a disc jockey for ten years doesn’t make them a great disc jockey.
What should you be asking them? Here are five questions will help you really get to know what type of disc jockey that they are.
- When was the last time you went to a training seminar, workshop or trade show? If they have never been or it’s been three or more years since the last time they did any training, then chances are they are not a great entertainer. When it comes to any profession, training and retraining are key factors to keep on top of your industry.
- When you DJ, is your computer playback software working on “AUTOPLAY” or do you mix songs manually? (Autoplay is fine for social hour, but to be a great DJ, you must know when to start/stop a song so it blends smoothly with the next song)
- Can I see a photograph of your setup as guests would see it? (This is where you will find if they are using self-promoting signs, and also if there are wires showing or if their setup will fit in or stand out with your wedding décor. Large light trussing, beat-up gear or grey carpeted facades are a dead giveaway of them not caring about the look of your wedding reception)
- What do you play during social hour and dinner? If they answer “I usually play…” then chances are they are not going to personalize your wedding to your tastes. They will probably be the kind of DJ that plays the same music at every event. Who wants the exact same wedding music? That would be terrible and cliché. They probably will not honor your NO-PLAY list of music because they think that their prescripted cheesy DJ skits will really make your party pop. After all, who doesn’t like getting dressed up in an Indian headgear and doing the YMCA?
- Do you have audio or video clips of a recent wedding that you’ve done? Listen to see if they refer to the bride and groom as “THE BRIDE AND GROOM” or by their names. If the disc jockey cannot be bothered to remember and use their names, the chances are they will not put much effort into your wedding. After all, exactly how much effort does it take to remember “Lily and Eric”? No audio or video clips available? Buyer beware!
Hiring entertainment on price alone will only guarantee that you get the cheapest disc jockey for your wedding. Not all disc jockeys are created alike and not all will work hard to make your wedding a success. Do you wants an average wedding or do you want something more? When it comes to your wedding; you are not getting your hair cut at Supercuts and you are not getting your food from McDonalds. Why get your entertainment from someone who does not take the effort to run their business like it is a business? At Rob Alberti’s Event Services, we offer many levels of entertainment to fit everyone’s budget and needs.
What Makes Us Different From The Rest?
- Named The Knot’s Best of Weddings—3 years, Wedding Wire’s Bride’s Choice Award—2009-2011, Worked with David Tutera—My Fair Wedding
- No two weddings alike—We take a unique approach to designing your celebration. That’s why our weddings have been on Style Me Pretty (National Wedding Blog) and featured in magazines such as LaBella Bride and CT Bride Magazine.
- Listen to music on our website and create your own playlists—be as involved as you would like to personalize your day.
- Outdoor cocktail hour? Our wireless remote speaker will seamlessly connect these areas with sound.
- Need music for your ceremony? We have separate systems and multiple wireless microphones available. We will even digitally RECORD it to CD for you.
- We are a full production company—DJ—Brighter 3w LED Up-Lighting—A/V Rental—Pipe & Drape—Live Musicians—Photographer
When comparing DJ’s, here are some key things to think about:
- Do they have photos or video clips from recent events? We Do
- Do they have online planning tools so you can listen to songs, create play and no-play lists to personalize your wedding music? We Do
- Do they provide you with a CD or audio clips of them as Master of Ceremony during a typical wedding introduction? We Do
- Do they have back up gear, back up DJs and offer a 100% money back guarantee? We Do
- Do they record your toasts, introductions and special moments over the microphone? We Do
- Do they offer custom event lighting options with the NEW 3.0 watt high output LEDs? We Do
- Do they have photos of recent events that they have provided lighting? We Do
- Do they offer you the convenience of paypal or major credit card for your retainer and final payment? We Do
- Do they allow you to listen to music online and create your own playlists? We Do
Once you compare the lack of information that other area Djs provide – you will plainly see the value that we provide to you. You and your guests will have the time of their life! Compare websites and literature – there is a difference in quality of service that will be clearly evident.